According to multiple sources, former President Donald Trump is plotting his battle against the GOP establishment and will soon begin vetting 2022 midterm candidates who support his MAGA agenda.
The former president’s goal is to make sure that every Republican seat has an “America First” contender running for it.
Check out what Breitbart reported:
Trump has received dozens of requests from prospective candidates who wish to earn his support, and he is fielding them as he sees fit. Trump has rejected meetings with former South Carolina governor and 2024 hopeful Nikki Haley and with House and Senate GOP candidates vying for his ear.
Formal meetings with prospects could begin as early as March, according to Politico.
Trump has refocused on the movement he began now that the Senate impeachment trial fully acquitted him, lording the America First agenda into battle against the “business as usual” crowd in Washington, DC. With $31 million on hand, bankrolled by his leadership PAC, Save America, Trump’s coffers will strategically be invested.
This past week, former President Trump met with his former campaign manager Brad Parscale to talk about a plan to raise money to combat the left’s social media censorship.
“We are in the process of putting together a more formal schedule for candidates who want to come get his endorsement,” said senior Trump adviser Jason Miller.
In a statement last week, Trump unleashed on Senate Leader Mitch McConnel, calling him a dour, sullen, and unsmiling political hack.”
President Beast Mode 45 goes gangster with his new statement on Minority Mitch. Love it.
The movement is young. The GOP workers’ party will continue to elect America First Republican leaders, and clean out Swamp dinosaurs who operate like McConnell. pic.twitter.com/ZtIJZ04g9G
— Steve Cortes (@CortesSteve) February 16, 2021
“The Republican Party can never again be respected or strong with political ‘leaders’ like Sen. Mitch McConnell at its helm,” he said. “McConnell’s dedication to business as usual, status quo policies, together with his lack of political insight, wisdom, skill, and personality, has rapidly driven him from Majority Leader to Minority Leader, and it will only get worse.”
Former President Trump’s secret work behind the scenes appears to be much bigger than people realize. According to a bombshell new report, Trump is raising hundreds of millions of dollars to launch a new social media site to protect conservatives.
Sources close to the former president have said that he is doing this to protect his base from Big Tech and “cancel culture.”
Check out what the The Washington Examiner reported:
Former President Donald Trump has told friends he has hundreds of millions of dollars in backing for a new social media venture that would give him an online presence and protect conservatives from being shut down online.
Two sources familiar with discussions said investors included Silicon Valley figures motivated by fears of censorship and online “cancel culture.”
Details emerged as Trump began a new phase of his post-presidency, giving television interviews from his Florida base in the week after his Senate impeachment acquittal.
During an interview with Newsmax, the former President hinted that something was in the works.
“We’re negotiating with a number of people,” he said to Newsmax TV. “There is also the option of building your own site because we have more people than anybody, so you can literally build your own site. But we were being really harassed on Twitter. They were putting up all sorts of flags, I guess they call them, they were flagging almost anything you said.”
After being banned from practically the entire internet, Trump said at the time: “We have been negotiating with various other sites, and will have a big announcement soon, while we also look at the possibilities of building out our own platform in the near future.”
The Washington Examiner goes into deeper detail into the current political operation that former President Trump is conducting:
Visitors have included House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy as well as his second-in-command, Rep. Steve Scalise, according to reports. His new website and email mailing list were put together by Nucleus, a digital campaign firm run by Brad Parscale, who was Trump’s 2020 campaign manager until he was replaced in July last year.
Two sources familiar with discussions said Trump had also met with potential investors in a new online venture designed to allow the former president to engage with his supporters and protect them from being taken offline.
Trump’s team is using the free speech argument to attract libertarian donors, said one Republican.
“They aren’t the people you might expect,” he said.
With impeachment out of the way on Saturday, this week triggered a new phase in Trump’s life after the White House. On Tuesday, he launched a blistering attack on his one-time loyal Senate lieutenant Sen. Mitch McConnell, calling him a “political hack” and threatening to back rival primary candidates.
What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below!
Go to Source
Author: Collin Rugg