Police: Angry mom repeatedly slammed into dad’s car, kills her 3-month-old daughter in horrific crash

ATLANTA, GA– According to authorities, a mother is now facing murder charges for deliberately crashing her SUV into another vehicle knowing her 3-month-old daughter was inside.

The suspect, since identified as Titayanna Phillips, 21, intentionally slammed her vehicle into her daughter’s father’s car knowing she was inside. According to ABC11, the father had just picked the child up from Phillip’s house and placed her into his car.

He started to leave when Phillips drove up and rammed his car several times. The repeated crashes caused the father to lose control of his vehicle. According to reports, within minutes of the accident firefighters arrived on scene.

They had to use the Jaws of Life to pry open the wrecked vehicle. They were able to successfully pull out the father and daughter. Both the father, Undra Henderson and the baby, since identified as Khy’undra Henderson, were transported to a nearby hospital where the baby was pronounced dead. 

The father remains in stable condition. According to WSB-TV2, a neighbor said that when they saw the crash, people rushed over to the car to rescue the trapped father and child. Neighbor, Taranjela Jones said:

“We were in the house when we heard a boom. We saw her, the car was turned sideways up against the tree and she was ramming her car into the side of the car.”

Atlanta police said that Phillips intentionally hit the car that was carrying her 3-month-old daughter and child’s father. Jones said:

“She (Phillips) was screaming, ‘I told him I would kill him’ and she said, ‘Can you all get my baby out of the car?’ She was screaming, ‘That’s my baby in the back seat’.”

According to Jones, bystanders rushed to the wrecked vehicle to try and rescue the father and 3-month-old baby. She said:

“Everyone tried to get the people out of the car because the car started smoking.”

Jones continued:

“It’s sad. It’s heartbreaking. It wasn’t worth it at all.”

The incident took place around 7 p.m. on Monday, July 27th on Chappell Road near Eason Street. As Undra was driving away, Phillips got in her own car and chased them down the road.

After catching up to him, Phillips rammed into his vehicle several times, causing him to lose control and crash into a telephone pole. 

While recovering in the hospital, Undra, upset, posted on Facebook Tuesday morning:

“I’m blessed to be alive, but without Khy’undra, this sh*t don’t even matter.”

Other witnesses said that Phillips just stood by making a phone call while the firefighters were doing their best to rescue and save her daughter and Undra from the mangled, smoking vehicle.

According to authorities, Phillips has had at least two run-ins with officers in the last few weeks. 

In addition to those run-ins, Phillips had been arrested on a disorderly conduct charge in light of a domestic violence dispute that occurred in her home back in late June.

According to AJC, in that case, Undra told authorities that he was forced to jump from the staircase after Phillips attacked him on the stairwell during an argument.

On Friday morning, police were called to a health clinic on York Avenue after employees said that Phillips, who did not have custody of her daughter, took her child out of an examination room and left in a car that was waiting for her.

At the time, Phillips had an open case with the Division of Family and Children’s Services and numerous current mental and physical health issues that remained unresolved.

According to the report, responding officers called Phillips and spoke with her, eventually getting her to bring the daughter back to the doctor’s office.

For that incident, records so that Phillips returned the baby unharmed. Phillips was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital shortly after to be evaluated, but she was not charged with a crime. 

Phillips was booked into the Fulton County Jail on Tuesday where she is being held without bond. Authorities have charged Phillips with felony murder and aggravated assault. Phillip’s motive has yet to be revealed. 

Also this week, we reported on another horrific domestic violence incident out of Buffalo, New York.  And in this one, it appears as though justice is being served.

A Buffalo man convicted of torturing his girlfriend by repeatedly whipping, burning and strangling her has been sentenced to 70 years in prison, prosecutors said.

Kaiden Haynes, 28, was sentenced Thursday via video conferencing after being convicted in March for what a prosecutor called “unspeakable violence” he doled out to a Buffalo woman and her son after moving into their apartment in March 2018.

The abuse of the woman and child started two months after having moved in.

According to Erie County District Attorney, John Flynn, this is when Haynes started beating, whipping, and strangling the woman.

Haynes, 28, hit the woman with a broom and a shovel, cut her with a knife, whipped and choked her with an HDMI cable and burned her with rubbing alcohol and disinfectant spray, prosecutors said. He also hit the boy with the handle of a refrigerator.

Sometimes, he made the woman hit her son with various objects. Sometimes, he made her son hit her, prosecutors said. The abuse happened over a 10-month period between March 2018 and January 2019, when he was arrested, prosecutors said.

New York State Supreme Court Justice Deborah Haendiges said the brutality as described in court was ‘shockingly evil’ and ‘twisted’.

“I have never seen a case as egregious as this one,” said prosecutor Holly Tucker who said the abuse happened over a ten month period between March 2018 and January 2019, before Haynes was finally arrested.

Tucker, a prosecutor for 22 years, heads the Domestic Violence Bureau at the Erie County District Attorney’s Office.

She called Haynes “a monster,” and asked the judge to impose the maximum-allowable sentence and for him to serve the prison sentences for each charge separately rather than concurrently.

In describing the reasoning for the lengthy sentence, Judge Haendiges cited the ‘tremendous grief and suffering’ of both victims along with Haynes’ lack of remorse. 

Haendiges also made clear that she wanted to make sure Haynes ‘won’t have the opportunity to prey on or torture anyone ever again.’ 

Both victims testified in court in what Judge Haendiges described as “incredible courage.” She further admitted admitted to being amazed that the victims were able to escape “this pattern of torture” and “not end up dead.”

Haynes was found guilty by a jury of all 11 felony and three misdemeanor charges in a trial that lasted two weeks. 

Robert Cutting, who with Emily Trott served as Haynes’ defense attorneys, said that before the trial began the parties discussed the possibility of a plea agreement under which Haynes would plead guilty to the first-degree assault charge and the judge would agree to cap a prison term at 22 years. Haynes declined the offer, Cutting said.

Haynes was sentenced as a two-time violent felony offender to 25 years on the first-degree assault conviction with 10 consecutive seven-year sentences starting concurrently with the first-degree assault conviction.

In addition to the prison sentence, the judge also issued an order of protection barring contact between Haynes and the victims until Jan. 23, 2097.

During his sentencing on Thursday, Haynes pleaded guilty to a harassment charge stemming from an April incident in the Holding Center in which he threw urine at a jail deputy. He was initially charged with a felony. Prosecutors agreed to lower the charge to a misdemeanor and Haynes pleaded guilty to the harassment violation.

“Pure evil in the flesh”: Sheriff says well-known felon ‘massacred’ three fishing buddies in Florida

Polk County, Florida – Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd recently announced that three people have been taken into custody regarding the brutal murder of three friends who ventured out for a fishing trip on July 17th. The sheriff noted that the three people arrested were taken into custody on July 22nd.

When speaking about the case, Sheriff Judd stated the following about the three arrested:

“We have locked up the three people responsible for the murders of these guys.”

The three arrestees were cited as 26-year-old Tony “TJ” Wiggins, 27-year-old Mary Whittemore and 21-year-old William “Robert” Wiggins.

Police: Angry mom repeatedly slammed into dad's car, kills her 3-month-old daughter
Tony Wiggins – Polk County Sheriff’s Office

The two Wiggins were cited as being brother, with Tony having been said to be the ringleader in the gruesome murders 23-year-old Damion Tillman, 27-year-old Brandon Rollins and 30-year-old Kevin Springfield. Sheriff Judd referred to Tony as being “pure evil in flesh,” and the suspect in custody totes 15 prior convictions, 230 felony criminal charges historically, and has served two terms in prison previously.

The woman among the group, Whittemore, is said to be the girlfriend of Tony.

Police: Angry mom repeatedly slammed into dad's car, kills her 3-month-old daughter
Mary Whittemore – Polk County Sheriff’s Office

Tony has been charged with three counts of first-degree murder, tampering with evidence, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and possession of ammunition by a convicted felon. The younger brother, William, was charged with tampering with evidence and accessory. As for Whittemore, she was charged with accessory after the fact of capital felony.

Police say that after the ruthless killing of the three friends at the lake, the three suspects drove to a local McDonald’s and ordered 10 cheeseburgers and two chicken sandwiches – like as if a triple murder hadn’t just occurred.

William Wiggins was said to have then taken the truck the trio were in at the lake to the car wash the following day to wash the clay off and make it so it didn’t appear to have been at the lake.

Police: Angry mom repeatedly slammed into dad's car, kills her 3-month-old daughter
William Wiggins – Polk County Sheriff’s Office

Sheriff Judd thinks that the events that led up to the triple murder might have something to do with Tony Wiggins believing someone’s had tampered with his truck:

“The only conflict we see is this- ‘Where’s my truck? I heard you stole the engine out of my truck.”

The investigation is still ongoing, according to the Polk County Sheriff’s Office.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Law Enforcement Today recently reported on this case as it was developing, here’s the original report from earlier this month. 

Three men were murdered at a lake where they were planning to fish, and the local sheriff described the scene as a “massacre.”

On July 17th, Brandon Rollins, 27, Kevin Springfield, 30, and Damion Tillman, 23, went to a local lake for night fishing, and one or more individuals fatally beat and shot the friends, according to USA Today.

Sheriff Grady Judd is calling the “massacre” of three young men during a fishing trip one of the worst murder scenes he’s witnessed in his career:

“It’s about as far out in the middle of the woods as you can get. It’s a peaceful area. There’s a beautiful lake where three very close friends were going fishing last night.”

Judd said Damion was the first to arrive at the lake, and investigators believe he was murdered as soon as he arrived by one or more individuals.

As Tillman was being murdered, Rollins and Springfield arrived in a separate vehicle, and detectives believe they were killed immediately in a shooting:

“Here’s what the murderers didn’t count on,” Judd said. “One of our victims, Brandon Rollins, was able to call his father and say, ‘help.’”

Judd said Rollins’ father knew his son was fishing with his two friends and drove to the lake after answering the call.

Upon arriving at the scene, Rollins’ father found his son barely alive and his two friends dead.

Judd said Rollins was able to say a few things to his dad before he died, which the sheriff’s office didn’t release at the morning briefing.

The sheriff also would not say whether the murders were targeted or random.

“One or more murderers that killed three people in a little country community,” he continued. “A very safe, very quiet community. Murdered them while they were on their way to go catfishing last night.”

Describing the “quiet, quaint” community surrounded by groves, forest and cattle ranches, Judd said the murder scene area was deep into the woods.

“This is a horrific scene. I have been to a lot of murder scenes in my life and this ranks up with the worst of them,” Judd said. “They were viciously murdered.”

Rollins’ girlfriend, Jessica Steenson, demanded justice:

“I want justice for him and I will not stop until he gets it.”

Judd said there is a $30,000 reward for anyone who has information that leads to the arrest of the murderer(s) in the case. Few details are being released at this point of the investigation, but anyone with information about the killings is urged to contact Polk County Sheriff’s Office at 863-298-6200.


Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today? With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing! (See image below.) Thanks for being a part of the LET family!

Facebook Follow First

Go to Source
Author: Jenna Curren

Author: admin

I'm awesome! What else would I say about myself.